Dog Foster Coordinator
5 people are interested
This volunteer position involves interacting directly with Southwest Metro Animal Rescue fosters to provide support, encouragement, and answer their questions.
- Follow up on any leads of possible fosters and review applications coming in
- Call applicant ASAP to set up interview/home visit
- Give them a foster packet and review some of the points during home visit
- Answer any questions they have about the rescue and fostering
- Review their preferences for types of dogs etc.
- If they are a good candidate, put them in Shelter Manager and pass their info on to the intake coordinator
- Follow up with them after they take in a dog to see how things are going especially when they are new
- Call foster homes or email them periodically to see how they are doing.
- Check if they are wanting to continue to foster
- See if they have any problems or concerns
- Determine if they need supplies
- Ask if they know other people who may want to foster
- Help them if they are having behavior issues with a dog or cat and either work with them personally or help them get training. Get approval from the board for paid training
We'll work with your schedule.
Within 60 miles radius of Minneapolis St Paul AreaChaska, MN 55318
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5 to 10 hours a week
- This position needs to enjoy people and have a love of animals.