Help students at our after school program!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
17 people are interested
Purpose: The purpose of our program at the Mission of Saint Joan of Arc is to provide Elementary students with supervision and homework help after school. We assist children of all levels and also work with ESL/ELL students. The goal is for children to have all homework done by the time their parents pick them up after work.
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor children during the transition of sessions between snack and homework time.
- During snack time, help distribute food and pick up trash once children are done.
- Assist group of children, separated by grade level, finish their homework in a timely manner.
- If not assigned to homework duty, supervise children that are done with homework with structured playtime and make sure they do not distract others.
- At times may be partnered up with another volunteer to help pick up children from school.
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance (free for volunteers)
- PA Criminal Record Check (free for volunteers)
- FBI Criminal Background Check
- Safe Environment Training (given on-site)
Time Commitment: We ask that volunteers commit to at least one day per week.
- Monday-Fridays 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
2025 East Atlantic StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19134
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check