Join the Bike East Bay team this spring
Apply by February 2, 2018Role
- Research medium- and large-sized employers to target for Bike to Work Day outreach
- Create and update a list of 300+ business contacts
- Make contact with human resources/employee benefits contacts at these businesses and recruit businesses for receiving Bike To Work Day Employer Toolkit, participating Bike To Work Day activities, and becoming Bike East Bay Business Members
- Stipend: $1,500
Bike East Bay is seeking a motivated, resourceful Business Partnerships Intern who will expand our network of workplace contacts as we prepare for Bike to Work Day. An ideal candidate will be confident in their ability to initiate contact with numerous employers each week, on the way to creating a list of 300+ businesses that would like to encourage their workers to ride on Bike to Work Day and support Bike East Bay by becoming a member.
This intern will play a key role in expanding employee participation in Bike to Work Day in the East Bay. Consider applying if you are excited about getting people on bikes and want to spread enthusiasm for Bike to Work Day. This role is a great chance to hone your professional communication skills and gain confidence in building business relationships.
Responsibilities include researching potential business members, reaching out by phone or email to share information about Bike to Work Day and Business Membership, and maintaining clear records of all confirmed contacts. After completing a list of employer contacts, the Business Partnerships Intern will help share information with these businesses about incentives for their employees to ride on Bike to Work Day.
The Business Partnerships Intern will report to Events Manager Hyeran Lee and work closely with Outreach Coordinator. Academic credit can be given by working with your academic institution’s internship program. The hours for this internship are 8-10 hours per week and we seek a 12-week commitment starting February 19. Availability on Bike to Work Day (May 10) is necessary.Requirements:
- Strong oral communication skills - confident on the phone and ready to initiate conversations with lots of new contacts each week
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Resourcefulness - ready to search the organizational structures of businesses to find the right person to talk to about employee participation in Bike to Work Day
- Dependability - must arrive on time consistently, understand project goals, and respond to directions in a prompt manner
- Outgoing, dynamic, and flexible personality
- Be a self-starter able to take initiative on individual projects
- Commitment to building a bike-friendly East Bay
- Past participation in Bike to Work Day
Interested applicants should submit a resume and letter of interest to Events Manager Hyeran Lee ( Hyeran@BikeEastBay.org) by February 2 for a February 19 start date.About Bike East Bay
Bike East Bay (formerly the East Bay Bicycle Coalition) is a 501c3 non-profit organization that promotes healthy, sustainable communities by making bicycling safe, fun and accessible in Alameda and Contra Costa County.
Bike East Bay is proud of our positive and supportive workplace. We care deeply about each other as co-workers and as full people. Transportation justice is an essential part of our work as bicycle advocates and we are committed to working for equity and social justice. By sharing leadership, supporting each other through challenges, and loudly celebrating our successes, we are stronger as individuals, as an organization, and as a community.
Bike East Bay is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hrs/wk