The High Expectations Department at HEAF is looking for a Youth Leadership Council YLC volunteer instructor to assist students with event planning, completing projects, and participating in organizational efforts to increase community service. The instructor(s) will bring students together to strengthen their leadership skills, relationship-building, and presentation skills. Students will partner up with community organizations to put on either fundraising events and/or service projects. YLC is a student led group, and students will also establish a HEAF centered project.
Goals of the Youth Leadership Council:
- To empower students to participate in their own communities through stewardship.
- To educate students on keys issues in the community.
- To give students an opportunity to interact with each other and the community in a positive, constructive way.
- To provide opportunities to build leadership skills, self-esteem, social skills, and interpersonal relationships.
Responsibilities of YLC Instructor:
- Design and facilitate 90 minute lessons on leadership and service learning
- Assist students with organizing and implementing community service events
- Guide students’ intellectual curiosity as they explore issues and challenges facing their community
- Support students growth into leaders and global citizens
- Current college students, college graduates, or graduate students
- Volunteer should have an interest in community service and youth leadership
- Volunteer must have experience with group facilitation and event planning
- Has a personal interest in education and youth development
- Patient and personable with youth
- Must be highly motivated
- Program Management
- Teaching / Instruction
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Saturdays 12:30-2:30; February 3 - May12th
- Interested in leadership and youth development; group facilitation and event planning experience