Title: Underserved Outreach Volunteer
Purpose: To develop and maintain community awareness campaign in underserved communities.
Supervisor(s): Underserved Coordinator Karen Rodriguez and Volunteer Coordinator Shelby Lewis
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Completion of 15 hours of Volunteer Training Program.
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and non-directive.
- Outgoing personality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Efficient at researching community partners and outreach opportunities.
- Signing and adhering to confidentiality pledge.
- Some college education preferred.
- Access to reliable transportation and phone service.
- Adherence to the philosophy, goals and policies of Safe Passage.
- National child abuse and criminal clearances.
- Support Underserved Coordinator with administrative duties.
- Help plan Underserved volunteer training and socials.
- Develop list of community partners.
- Present on and advertise Safe Passage services to other organizations, businesses and populations such as Hispanic and LGBTQ.
- Help co-facilitate biweekly support group.
- Contact supervisor regarding mandated reports of child abuse or suicide attempts.
- Gain in depth knowledge of current SA and DV trends in York, Union and Lancaster counties.
- Receive working knowledge of services provided to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse at Safe Passage.
- Gain experience in creating a community awareness campaign to minorities.
- Become proficient in public speaking for diverse audiences.
- Develop familiarity with responsibilities of victim service providers.
- Network with community partners and government personnel.
- Work to create a culture of change pertaining to violence against adults and children.
Time Commitment: Minimum five hours of service per month.
Availability: Thursday from 9 am to 1:30 pm and Wednesday and Friday from 9 am to 7 pm. Some nights and weekends, depending on events and speaking engagements.
- Crisis Intervention
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training