Title: SA Outreach Volunteer
Purpose: To develop and maintain community awareness campaign and support SA administrative services.
Supervisor(s): Sexual Trauma Coordinator Suze Joseph and Volunteer Coordinator Shelby Lewis
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Completion of 15 hours of Volunteer Training Program.
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and non-directive.
- Outgoing personality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Efficient at researching community partners and outreach opportunities.
- Signing and adhering to confidentiality pledge.
- Access to reliable transportation and phone service.
- Adherence to the philosophy, goals and policies of Safe Passage.
- National child abuse and criminal clearances.
- Support SA Coordinator with administrative duties.
- Help plan SA volunteer training and socials.
- Develop list of community partners.
- Present on and/or advertise SA services to other organizations and businesses.
- Contact supervisor regarding mandated reports of child abuse or suicide attempts.
- Gain in depth knowledge of current SA trends in York and Union counties.
- Receive working knowledge of services provided to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse at Safe Passage.
- Gain experience in mentoring SA clients.
- Develop familiarity with responsibilities of victim service providers.
- Network with community partners and government personnel.
- Work to create a culture of change pertaining to violence against adults and children.
Time Commitment: Minimum five hours of service per month.
Availability: Admin duties anytime Monday through Friday between 9 am and 5 pm and community outreach anytime - days, nights and weekends.
- Crisis Intervention
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training