Sexual Assult and Domestic Violence On-Call Volunteers
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
104 Oakland AveRock Hill, SC 29730
Title: SA/DV On-Call Advocate
Purpose:To provide medical accompaniment, to clients and/or family members of sexual assault victims.
Supervisor(s):Sexual Trauma Coordinator Suze Joseph, Domestic Violence Coordinator DeNea Means, Volunteer Coordinator Shelby Lewis
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Completion of 25 hours of Volunteer Training Program and SA/DV advocate training.
- Completion of shadowing of sexual assault accompaniment with trained SA staff and/or volunteers.
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and non-directive.
- Advocacy skills for victims in crisis.
- Signing and adhering to confidentiality pledge.
- Access to reliable transportation and phone service.
- Adherence to the philosophy, goals and policies of Safe Passage.
- National child abuse and criminal clearances.
- To provide hospital accompaniment, to clients and/or family members of sexual assault victims and domestic violence victims.
- Report all client information to the Safe Passage staff the next working day after contact with client.
- Provide resources to other personnel such as medical, legal, investigative during any phase of the hospital accompaniment process and thereafter.
- Attend quarterly meetings of volunteer staff.
- Contact supervisor regarding mandated reports of child abuse or suicide attempts.
- Gain in depth knowledge of current SA/DV trends in York and Union counties.
- Receive working knowledge of services provided to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse at Safe Passage.
- Gain experience in mentoring SA/DV clients and assisting victims during emergency situations.
- Learn the rights of SA/DV victims and gain working knowledge of how rape kits are conducted and processed.
- Develop familiarity with responsibilities of victim service providers.
- Network with community partners and government personnel.
- Work to create a culture of change pertaining to violence against adults and children.
Time Commitment: Minimum two twelve hour shifts per month.
Availability: Open, volunteers pick their own schedule monthly.
- Crisis Intervention
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
Report this opportunity