Title:Public Relations and Marketing Volunteer
Purpose:To build a public awareness campaign around Safe Passage’s vision, services and events.
Supervisor(s): Executive Director Jada Charley, Administration, Departmental Supervisors, Volunteer Coordinator Shelby Lewis, Philanthropy Jamie Watters
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Completion of 15 hours of Volunteer Training Program.
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and non-directive.
- High level of attention to details and organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficient in social media.
- Creative and energetic personality.
- Some college or prior experience preferable.
- Signing and adhering to confidentiality pledge.
- Access to reliable transportation and phone service.
- Adherence to the philosophy, goals and policies of Safe Passage.
- National child abuse and criminal clearances.
- Develop PR campaign based on Safe Passage’s vision, annual events and fundraising efforts.
- Create informational brochures and marketing materials to promote needs.
- Implement online, media and community engagement efforts.
- Reach out to community partners and network with potential donors.
- Attend quarterly meetings of volunteer staff.
- Support administrative duties.
- Receive working knowledge of services provided to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse at Safe Passage.
- Learn how to develop a nonprofit communications campaign for diverse audiences.
- Gain experience working under a former reporter and how to manage media connections.
- Attend quarterly meetings of volunteer staff and shelter staff meetings.
- Develop familiarity with responsibilities of victim service providers.
- Network with community partners and government personnel.
Time Commitment: Minimum five hours per month.
Availability: Anytime Monday through Friday from 9 am to 12 pm. Some nights and weekends based on events calendar.
- Crisis Intervention
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training