LOOKING TO ADVOCATE FOR A GOOD CAUSE? Administrative Volunteers NEEDED!
Safe Passage, Inc.
**COVID 19 has directly impacted the entire globe in one way or another. More importantly, it has limited the opportunities for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse to have proper outlets from the abusive situations in which they live. For this reason, we are asking the community to reach out to their loved ones as much as possible, be there for friends and family, and volunteer at your local domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse nonprofit organization. If you are in the York, Chester, Lancaster or Union SC areas, we'd love to have you join our Volunteer Team!
Title: The Administrative Volunteer
Purpose: To improve the organization’s efficiency and build on quality of services.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Completion of 15 hours of Volunteer Training Program.
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and non-directive.
- High level of attention to details and organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Signing and adhering to confidentiality pledge.
- Access to reliable transportation and phone service.
- Adherence to the philosophy, goals and policies of Safe Passage.
- High school diploma or some college.
- National child abuse and criminal clearances.
- Assist administrative staff with filing paperwork and data entry.
- Answer phones, make appointments and greet clients.
- Help assess departmental needs.
- Attend quarterly meetings of volunteer staff.
- Receive working knowledge of services provided to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse at Safe Passage.
- Gain experience in performing administrative, human resources and clerical duties.
- Develop familiarity with responsibilities of victim service providers.
- Network with community partners and government personnel.
Time Commitment: Minimum five hours per month.
Availability: Anytime Monday through Friday between 9 am and 3 pm. **We are following social distancing guidelines remaining 6-feet from one another and clients, wearing face coverings, and checking temperatures of anyone entering the office building. Hand soap and water as well as sanitizer is also available throughout the office.
About Safe Passage, Inc.
104 Oakland Ave, Rock Hill, SC 29730, US
Providing supportive services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse in York, Chester, Lancaster and Union Counties
Safe Passage was established for the purpose of offering supportive services to families living in abuse so they could make changes in their lives and eliminate violence. We work every day to empower survivors, eliminate the abuse, engage the community, and engender change.
Program services include emergency shelter for domestic violence victims and their minor children, adult and child counseling, advocacy, 24-hour hospital accompaniment for sexual assault victims, community referrals, education, support groups, and parenting classes. Services which are offered for shelter residents are also available for non-residential clients.