Hello Potential Volunteers!
The Maryland Out of School Time (MOST) is pleased to invite you to apply to serve as the AmeriCorps VISTA Leader for our cohort of 12-26 members this year!
We are seeking a special someone with a passion for service and Youth Development; who has high energy, excellent communication abilities, and the ability to multi-task and remain organized in the ever shifting and exciting world of non-profit and volunteer management.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application and would love to speak with you about your interest!
* Previous AmeriCorps, NCCC, or PeaceCorps service, of at least 12 months*
Apply Today: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=71556&fromSearch=true
Activities for this role include:
* Develop and execute a recruitment and retention plan to attract high quality, diverse, and qualified VISTA members;
* Coordinate training and ongoing support for VISTAs, including developing service projects and continuously assessing training needs;
* Support and create synergy, collaboration and growth through the facilitation of a VISTA learning community;
* Assist VISTAs in meeting outcome objectives by identifying and disseminating resources and creating structures for sustainability;
* Maintain tracking and reporting systems for VISTA project goals for evaluation and continuous improvement;
* Conduct outreach and promotion of MOST’s VISTA Projects and affiliation with AmeriCorps through blogs, press, partnerships, and social media;
* Coordinate development of resources to support the VISTA project and MOST’s mission.
The project will require off-site travel around the state of Maryland plus coordination and participation in some evening and weekend events and commitments.
· Previous AmeriCorps or PeaceCorps service, at least 12 months
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Highly developed organizational and project management skills
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
Program Benefits: Living allowance ($1,358/mo.), choice of Education Award ($5,815) or End of Service Stipend ($1,800) and Non-Competitive Eligibility status upon successful completion of service, healthcare allowance, relocation payment if eligible ($550), and professional development opportunities.
Term of Service: Flexible start, one year of service
For more information contact Program Director Andrew Neuman: 410-374-7692 x. 106, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resource Development / Management
- Performance Management
- Program Management
- Teaching / Instruction
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 Hours weekly
- Previous AmeriCorps or Peace Corps service completed.