Purpose: The purpose of our ESL program at the Mission of Saint Joan of Arc is to provide members from our community the opportunity to learn English. We want to empower our students to feel confident reading, writing, and speaking with others in English.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be punctual to your scheduled class; if possible arrive a few minutes early to ensure you are ready to teach.
- Take attendance for each class session.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere in class for students.
- Prepare lesson plans and materials to fit the needs of your students. (You will be provided with a textbook.)
- If you know you will not be able to make it to a class in advance let your students know directly.
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA Criminal Record Check
- FBI Criminal Background Check
- Safe Environment Training (given on site)
Time commitment: We are currently in need of a morning instructor. We ask that for morning sessions you commit to at least two days a week if possible.
Evening Sessions: Monday and Tuesday 7:30 pm -8:00 pm
Morning Sessions: Monday and Wednesday through Friday 11:30 am- 1:00 pm
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check