Are you interested in a rewarding field that works closely with individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities? Would you like to share your interests with someone who enjoys it just as much as you? Partners Health Plan, a not for profit health plan that supports the lives of individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities, is looking for volunteers for The PAL Program.
The PAL Program discovers a member’s passion, interests, and matches up the individual with a person or place in the community sharing a similar passion or interest. We discover what you enjoy and how it could potentially match with a member of PHP.
- 41 year old male who would like to go to the movies & arcade for fun.
- He has a mild intellectual disability, and is a very caring and sweet individual. He also is a big fan of David Hasselhoff. :)
How does it work?
- Meet with individual once a week, or once bi-weekly depending on schedule flexibility
- First outing will always be accompanied by Community Resource Coordinator
- Provide your own transportation to meet the individual at the destination
- Report to community resource coordinator with updates on the progress of outings
- Form natural friendship with individual based on similar interests
- Receive an optional professional reference upon completion of program
- Join an incredible community of passionate staff and volunteers
- Hours: Approximately one a week depending on the activity and volunteer schedule
Suggested Commitment: 6 months - 1 year
PHP provides equal opportunity for all volunteers.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 6 months - a year