Special Olympics NC - Co-Coordinator - Catawba County
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking Co-Coordinators for Catawba County. Co-coordinators are an essential part of SONC responsible for implementing Special Olympics activities within Catawba county. Coordinators play an essential role in making the Special Olympics volunteer system operate effectively. All management systems require a leader to oversee the operation of the system, plan the scheduled activities, and manage and lead the team of individuals who will implement the planned activities. We need you!
- Manage local program structure, activity and committee.
- Recruit, train and manage local committee members and others as needed.
- Maintain and submit proper records of participating athletes and volunteers.
- Manage competition progress from local to state level.
- Attend annual SONC Leadership Conference and quarterly regional meetings.
- Provide SONC with local program contribution records, fundraising applications and inventory data.
- Manage pooled banking system with the finance committee chair.
- Prepare annual accreditation and budget and review local program for growth opportunities.
- Prior experience with a nonprofit organization or sports organization preferred.
- Ability to supervise and effectively delegate to committee members and other volunteers.
- Communicate openly and in a timely manner.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a valid NC Driver’s License.
We'll work with your schedule.
Remote - except for meetingsHickory, NC 28601
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5 + hours per month depending on the month
- Work with a team to organize sport training and events.