Campaign Manager Internship
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40 East Adams StreetSuite LL40Jacksonville, FL 32202
Intern - Light the Night Campaign Manager
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, " I help find cures for cancer. " At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Summary: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), North & Central Florida Chapter is seeking self- motivated and enthusiastic individuals to support our local Light The Night event in Jacksonville, FL. The intern(s) in this position will help increase overall awareness for LLS’s mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s diseas e and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Selected intern will gain valuable experience in the area(s) of: business and non-profit management; development and fundraising; marketing & PR; event coordination and management; logistics; social media; professionalism; and community relations.
Students currently enrolled towards a degree in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration, Social Work or other related areas of study.
This is an unpaid internship that we can consider for course credit.
- Assist and implement grassroots efforts to promote LLS campaigns and acquire new community contacts
- Assist in the creation and implementation of an effective marketing grassroots strategy
- Assist with team management as assigned by LLS staff Aid in volunteer management
- Provide support to development and implementation of corporate partnerships
- Customer support, such as email contact, mailing supplies, technical support, and fundraiser visits etc.
- Assist with logistical aspects of the event such as securing in-kind donations and helping with day-of-event logistics
- Support campaign staff, as needed
Education & Experience Preferences:
- High-level professionalism
- Ability to communicate effectively/appropriately via phone and email to a diverse array of audiences; including, but not limited, to businesses, patients, and fundraising participants
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to create a plan, execute, and meet deadlines
- Strong project management and planning skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Experience with phones/customer service and/or events preferred
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Requirement may include attendance at evening or weekend events.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Allison Gubitz | Campaign Manager, LTN, North & Central Florida Chapter
:: The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society | 40 E. Adams Street LL40, Jacksonville, FL, 32202 :: Direct: 904-332-6414 Ext. 2468 :: Mobile: 904-868-6966 :: Fax: 904-332-6422 :: Allison.Gubitz@LLS.org
- Data Entry
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 1-3 days a week for 3-6 hour time windows