Who we are
At 5Kilobytes (www.5kilobytes.org), we’re on a mission to help children establish a balance between healthy lifestyle foundations and logical thinking patterns - Sports and Health meets STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
We’re committed to offering camps and programs that connect engineering and technological projects to real world activities. Parents don't have to choose between STEM and sports/adventure camp - at 5Kilobytes, your child experiences both in an interconnected, practically applicable experience.
Who we are looking for
An experienced strategist, consultant and implementer, with a demonstrated track record who wants to join our growing team! The successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the President.
At 5Kilobytes, we are looking for the right person to help us continue to build our growing organization. Think you might have what it takes? Keep reading!
What’s in it for you?
- Project Ownership - You will lead the establishment and operations of everything related to staff management. As our resident Subject Matter Expert, you will be able to shape and lead us in growth in a very big way.
- Cross-Functional Exposure - You will work closely with all members of the Executive Team, allowing you a 360-degree end-to-end view of the organization.
- Professional Development - This is your opportunity to, play a key role in the growth of the organization and to make a difference by helping the day-to-day management of personnel and allowing the President to focus on growing our business.
Where are you right now- and what will your future look like at 5Kilobytes?
You are an established professional, but you want to contribute to a company that is solving real-world problems - one that gives back to the community and supports the leaders of tomorrow. You are looking for a small but growing company that will afford you the opportunity to gain significant experience as you progress through your career.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company’s service offerings, capabilities, and differentiating value
- Liaise with President to plan the week ahead, provide information/updates on internal initiatives across all departments
- Keep President advised of his current week’s priorities and deliverables toward quarterly and annual roadmaps
- Advise President of any barriers across Departments that require support from
the Executive to move the organization forward in its mandate
- Attend executive/1:1 meetings with Directors to keep a pulse on the business and help connect dots with others across the organization; ensure everyone has
clear action items and follow-up after the meetings; etc.
- As trusted partner of the President, build the trust and confidence of the Team
and provide regular updates to the President
- Collaborate with internal teams as a Subject Matter Expert, providing support and expertise where necessary
- Track time spent via completion of weekly timesheets
- Provide weekly metric updates
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- Experience - You have previous experience in project management or a similar role at another company. Minimum level of education required is a bachelor degree, preferably in a business, social sciences or related field. Two years of professional experience, ideally in a not-for-profit environment.
- Communication Skills - You have superior written communication skills, and are an expert communicator, with advanced verbal and written English communication skills. You have a wonderful personality and are able to strike up a conversation easily with anyone you meet.
- Technical Skills - You have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or G-Suite of applications, with advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Motivation and Drive - You set your mind to something and you let nothing get in your way of achieving it. You are a self-starter with a high degree of initiative that allows you to create efficiencies in your own work processes, as well as those of your team members.
- Team Player - You have demonstrated the ability to build relationships and effectively work with and influence others in a virtual capacity, solving problems and improving efficiencies in a creative manner. Out-of-the-box thinking is your specialty.
- Passion - You are genuinely interested in the objectives of the organization, new ideas and new technology. You want to change an industry, one person at a time.
Think this opportunity is meant for you, but worried you don’t have it all? At 5Kilobytes, we know that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking; and you are excited by the possibility of growing our company, take a chance and express your interest by applying with your resume to:
5Kilobytes welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
- Executive Admin
- Organization Design
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment