Seeking serious and committed Social Media, Public Relations, & Marketing individuals who are passionate and driven with skills to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and improve user experience through updating our social media pages. This is a hands-on position, offering the opportunity to actively improve the way in which J&S Caring Food Pantry communicates its message to the public. The ideal candidate will contribute creatively to new and ongoing projects. This is an unpaid position that is great for someone who is interested in learning the ins and outs of the nonprofit sector while building skills and adding valuable work experience to their resume.
Our goal is to gradually increase online engagement, increase website traffic (page views and likes), and recruit volunteers, youths, and future donors who see the great work we do.
We are looking for volunteers to help build an audience and steer the effort, who will work remotely, and be involved in a variety of aspects of marketing and communications.
* Occasionally attend events taking place at various J&S locations
* Routine daily & weekly postings, engaging, and elevated content for all J&S social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
* Document senior & volunteer engagement & activities via digital photography
* Manage J&S month-to-month social media calendar
* Research the social media practices of comparable social services non-profits to extract content ideas & best practices* Pitch story ideas to print, broadcast and digital media. * Utilize social media and develop strategies for web-based messaging. * Create and implement a fundraising strategy. * Assist with J&S Caring Food Pantry's advocacy efforts. * Take on assignments as needed.
Details: This is an unpaid intern / volunteer position, although community credit is available. The internship is 3-5 hours per week. Must meet weekly deadlines.
* Fluent in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and scheduling tools
* Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
* Strong interest in writing and multimedia
* Detail-oriented (have an eagle eye for typos!)
* Able to review data and pull out key insights
* Collaborative, but must be capable of working independently
* Fluent in Spanish, a plus
* Interest in working in the nonprofit sector, a plus
Please provide examples of published writing and/or social media projects.
To sign up as a volunteer, please complete a volunteer application.
Individual Application: https://goo.gl/forms/ zfmEjKGVfkPEy8Q42
Questions? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We really need & appreciate all the help we can get with our mission. Please let us know if you are interested!
- Social Media / Blogging
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Web Design
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18