Engineering For Kids(r) of Metro Atlanta is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that brings the wonder and excitement of STEM education (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) to children ages 4-14 through a variety of hands-on learning experiences.
The mission of the organization is to prepare students for the global economy by providing programs focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
Primary responsibilities include planning and executing meetings, functions for special events. Collaborates with other volunteers and committee members to establish event goals and objectives. The Events Program Leader Volunteer will report to the Marketing Chairperson but will also work with committee and board members.
Volunteers can work from home and must have access to the Internet as well as reliable transportation.
Determine fiscal requirements for events, prepares budgetary recommendations, and negotiates terms with vendors. Provides program details to the Editor for publications. Provides leadership, direction, and coordination among speakers, staff, and volunteers during event program/production. Prepares post-event analysis to assess opportunities and make recommendations for improving events and services to internal and external constituencies, and to implement recommendations as appropriate. Seeks out innovative and creative ideas for events through research, networking, and continuing education classes.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Arranging for speakers or other talent
- Ensuring the event runs smoothly
- Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations
- Establishes and manages event planning timelines
- Creates task assignments and proposes resources needed to execute event
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree.
Related Work Experience: A minimum of 2 - 3 years, preferably in the Hospitality Industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent time management
- Ability to create a plan in MS Project or Excel
- Strong communication, problem solving, interpersonal, and detail-oriented skills
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Make a difference
- Meet different kinds of people and make new friends
- Be part of a community
- Learn new skills and build your portfolio
- Take on a challenge
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 hours per week is required. This is an ongoing