Vice President of Membership
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Volunteer must be located in NJ.
The Vice-President of Membership for the NJ LGBT Chamber of Commerce will be responsible for the recruitment and retention of LGBT and ally business members. They will create a strategy to stimulate membership growth and institute a plan to keep dues-paying members in the Chamber. The VP of Membership will oversee the on-boarding of new members by sending welcome packets and informing them of the benefits of membership. They will also help members take advantage of these benefits. They will update membership collateral as needed. Finally, they will give reports at all Board meetings as the status of membership, including who has joined, who is up for renewal and who has not renewed.
Other responsibilities of the Vice President of Membership include:
- Be responsible for the following: Awards, Benefits, Membership, Meet & Greet, Membership Directory, Retention and Sunshine.
- Oversee the preparation, coordination, and publishing of the Chamber membership directory.
- Assist members in understanding the benefits of membership and enrollment.
- Review contents of new member packet. Coordinate with the Vice President of Marketing and present to Board of Trustees for review.
- Send welcoming letters to prospective and new members.
- Contact members who are up for renewal of membership and to those members who do not plan to renew.
- Send e-mails to current and prospective members on upcoming Chamber meetings and special events.
- Download monthly list of current and prospective members for President and other members of the Board as needed.
- People Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Professional Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25