VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Governance Chair is a volunteer position in Image Impact International. He/she oversees and makes recommendations regarding organizational structure, policy development, legal issues, board self-assessment, professional development, and audit procedures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors (BOD) regarding the functions of committees including their responsibilities, performance, and composition.
- Offer suggestions to the BOD regarding the functions and operation of an advisory BOD or President’s council.
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding feedback on annual board performance, its committees, and the executive committee.
- Assist in coordinating and updating the strategic plan.
- Develop and provide recommendations to the BOD regarding board member education, including new board member orientation, regular board member training, team building, transition training, and assessments for professional development. All training options will be pre-approved by the BOD and may include non-profit training resources.
- Collaborate with audit board members in overseeing the financial management of the organization.
POLICIES AND LEGAL ISSUES:
- Review on a regular basis, update and develop as necessary written policies regarding conflicts of interest, whistleblower, and other procedures required by 501(c)3 non-profits.
- Lead in assessing current and anticipated needs related to board composition, determining the knowledge, attributes, skills, abilities, influence, and access to resources the board will need to accomplish future work of the board.
- Develops a profile of the board as it should evolve over time.
- Identifies potential board member candidates and explores their interest and availability for board service.
- Nominates individuals to be elected as members of the board.
- Periodically reviews and updates the board’s policy guidelines and practices.
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding legal decisions and issues.
- Obtain advice and assistance from in-house or outside counsel, accounting and other advisors as necessary.
VOLUNTEER POSITION DETAILS:
- Term: two years
- New York Metro area preferred.
- Time commitment: 8-12 virtual hours per month; may include weeknights and/or weekend virtual meeting times.
- Attend monthly virtual board meeting.
- Submit a resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. A bio, photo, and application will also be required.
Image Impact International Mission
We mentor first-generation students to remain in college. Through our college to career bridge programs, we provide the leadership, communication, and professional skills needed for workplace success.
For more information:
Contact VP Human Resource Marisol Rosero- Allen at email@example.com
- Financial Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-12 Virtual hours per month
- Graphics Support/ Designer
- Marketing Chair(New York Metro...
- Grant Writers
- College 2 Career Program...
- Governance Chair(New York Metro...
- Project Manager(New York Metro...
- CPA Non -profit 990EZ Support -...
- IT Chair (New York Metro Area)
- Quickbooks Administrator(New...
- IT Administrator(New York Metro...
- Mentoring Program...
- Vice President Operations - New...