Are you interested in wildlife? Would you like to learn how to take care of live raptors? Are you over the age of 18? The Ogden Nature Center is looking for volunteers to help us take care of our resident raptors. These birds can no longer survive in the wild on their own due to injury, and now live here at the Ogden Nature Center and help with outreach and onsite educational programming.
Feeders are responsible for feeding the birds and cleaning enclosures. Our feeders are a tight knit group, and many have become great friends. We ask that you commit to one day a week (we are currently looking for folks to help out on Fridays or Saturdays), and sign up for at least the next six months.
If you are interested please contact Alyssa Stegmaier the ONC Volunteer Coordinator, who will guide you through a volunteer orientations, and get you in touch with our Wildlife Specialist Bryce. Bryce will help to train you, and be able to answer any questions you might have about the birds.
- Must be over the age of 18
- Must pass a background check
- Must be dependable-you are working with live animals and it is important to make sure they are cared for on your assigned day
- Must wear modest and respectful clothes
- Must be respectful to animals, staff, visitors and other volunteers
- Willing to get dirty and have fun!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two to Three Hours once a week