Are you an enthusiastic and skilled workshop facilitator instructor who is passionate about helping women immigrants and mothers? Have you always dreamed of taking part in the growth of an innovative non-profit?
We are seeking top-notch workshop facilitators for our LEAD program!
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is passionate about New Women New Yorkers’ mission, and who would like to gain experience and participate in the growth of a young, dynamic nonprofit organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Deliver existing LEAD curriculum professionally and effectively to meet desired learning objectives and outcomes
- Use a wide variety of techniques to engage students and stimulate participation
- Maintain a high level of flexibility and professionalism at all times
- Build and sustain strong, productive working relationships with other NWNY facilitators and volunteers, and staff of host/partner organizations
- Conduct follow-up with participants, and be available for additional questions and to provide feedback outside of workshop hours
- Submit written assessment after each workshop
- Work closely with CEO and other facilitators to expand and deepen facilitation skill set and tool box, and contribute feedback
- Must be able to attend LEAD biannual trainings, and 2h test run for each workshop facilitated
Desired skills and experience
- Experience facilitating workshops - facilitation experience with non-native English speakers and with marginalized populations is preferred, but not required
- Strong communication, listening, and interpersonal skills, patience, flexibility, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluent in English (teaching language)
- Passion and understanding of NWNY’s mission and goals
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Previous experience in the nonprofit sector is an asset, but not required
- A positive, flexible, and ambitious attitude!
Schedules, locations, time commitment
Workshops will be held on Tuesdays from 1:30pm to 4:30pm at the NYPL Chatham Square Library, and on Thursdays from 10am to 1pm at the NYPL Mid-Manhattan Library, between March and May 2018.
The facilitator will first observe 1 workshop, and then co-facilitate an additional 4 or more workshops, depending on availability.
Each workshop requires several hours of preparation and 3 hours of instruction.
Facilitators are also required to attend a biannual group training of approximately 4 hours, and occasional team meetings.
We are hoping to welcome new facilitators in our team who are interested in being part of NWNY on a long-term basis. As our organization grows, we are expecting more partnerships and more LEAD series in the future!
This is a volunteer position, without compensation.
How to apply
Contact: Abbey, Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume and write a brief cover email describing your background and experience, and explaining why you want to become a LEAD Workshop Facilitator for New Women New Yorkers.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- General Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Tuesdays 1:30-4:30pm or Thursdays from 10am - 1pm