ACS CAN Ambassador - Interior Alaska
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereInterior RegionFairbanks, AK 99709
ACS CAN Alaska is selecting ambassadors to assist our state efforts by engaging in community organizing and advocacy.
Term: The term for a ACS CAN Ambassador is one year, renewable by mutual agreement with staff partner.
Time Commitment: This is a year-round position. The time commitment will vary from month-to-month depending on the status of state and federal legislative campaigns. Telecommuting option available.
Position Summary: An ACS CAN Ambassador is committed to serve as an organizer and advocate in the community and assist with staff and team members to implement state and federal campaigns.Responsibilities: Working closely with your staff partner, ACT! Leads and the state lead ambassador, ACS CAN Ambassadors are responsible to:
- Assist ACT! Leads and the state lead ambassador with contacting members of Hawaii's congressional delegation and State elected officials.
- Volunteer at community events, including Relay for Life and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- Recruit additional volunteers to participate in the team’s activities and take on leadership roles as needed.
- Implement and participate in federal and state level legislative activities.
- Assist in planning and implementation of ACS CAN fund-raising activites.
- Provide testimony on ACS-CAN supported bills during the legislative session.
- Committed to the fight against cancer through effective public policy change
- Willing and capable of communicating appropriately with elected officials, other ACS volunteers, and the community.
- Training provided by ACS CAN and Division staff
- Volunteer resources (government relations issue updates, talking points, etc.)
- Government Relations Staff Partner
- Alaska Grassroots Manager
- State Lead Ambassador
- ACT! Leads
For more information: Contact Heather Aronno, Alaska Grassroots Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-273-2069.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- varies, 5-10 hours per month