Arthritis Foundation camps provide a safe and secure camping experience for children and teens with juvenile arthritis and childhood rheumatic diseases. Camp JAM is a family camp taking place August 3-5, 2018 in Canby, Oregon. It is open to kids with arthritis and related rheumatic diseases-ages 2 months to 18 years-and their immediate family members, including parents and siblings.
We are looking for creative, fun and well-organized individuals to join our camp planning committee. Our committee members bring to the table a variety of personal and professional strengths, but should be willing to take on any task (big or small) to help us with our number one goal - providing a great experience for our camp families!
- Read agenda and prepare for meeting (15 minutes/month)
- Attend monthly meeting February-August (teleconference line available) (1 - 1.5 hours/month)
- Some positions require work outside of meetings, including tasks to complete in the Arthritis Foundation office- see individual job descriptions for details
- Participate in pre-camp preparation (during committee meetings) and Volunteer Training (2 hours)
- Take on leadership role at camp - August 3-5, 2018 in Canby Grove, OR
- Plan to arrive by Noon on Friday and stay to help clean up on Sunday!
- Must have own transportation
We are looking for members to join the following sub-committees:
- Education - This group is responsible for planning the educational topics addressed at camp in both the parent track and kids/teens track.
- Event Crew - Energy and enthusiasm are musts for the Event Crew team! This group will be responsible for the set-up, production and clean-up of Camp JAM.
- Logistics - Logistics team members must be detail-oriented and have strong computer skills. They must have time to volunteer for data management, phone calls, and planning as this group will take on the nitty-gritty details of planning camp!
- Procurement - Members should be comfortable researching and approaching potential donors and businesses for in-kind donations, tracking who has been asked and information about pick-up.
- Volunteer - Volunteer Committee team members should be outgoing and fun with a willingness to lead other volunteers. Key tasks may include recruiting, screening, training and supervising Camp JAM Counselors.
- Child Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training