Join Food for Thought Initiative to work towards improving food access and alleviating hunger among Madison area school students and their families. As a Food Pantry Coordinator you will be able to build on your organizational, communication, and management skills and make a strong impact on food access for Madison students and their families.
The Food for Thought Initiative (Food4TI) is a all-volunteer partner organization with Goodman Community Center working to reduce food insecurity and improve school performance in Madison area school children. They have set up food pantry's at East High school, Sandburg Elementary, and Mendota Elementary schools to provide students with access to food as well as provide food to the neediest students in the district by sending home weekend and holiday family meals.
Food for Thought strives to open one new school food pantry per year, with the goal of the pantry working towards self-sufficiency after their first year of operation. We are looking for a Food Pantry Coordinator who will oversee the opening of a new pantry and help organize and maintain the new in-school pantry during its "start-up" year. Duties include:
- Assist in getting new pantry up and running
- Oversee ordering and maintaining of the pantry's food inventory
- Schedule, train, and direct volunteers
- Record and maintain usage data
There is a flexible work schedule with an anticipated time commitment of 10-12 hours per week, with a minimum commitment of 9 months. You should be available some daytime hours, that reflect the school schedule, at least 2 days per week.
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 hrs per week, commitment of 9 months
- some daytime availability
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Middle School
- School and Community Engagement...
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Elementary...
- Community Fitness Center Detailer
- Girls Inc. Tutor
- Food Bag Loading Supervisor
- Serve up food & friendship to...
- Food Pantry Donation Driver
- Food Pantry Coordinator
- Girls Inc. High School Mentor
- Inventory Manager
- Make handmade cards to thank...
- Elementary Afterschool Classroom...
- Help keep our pantry shelves...
- Be on-call: Serve up food &...