VEGGIE BOX PROGRAM
Originally developed through a collaboration with the Rhode Island Department of Health’s Workplace Wellness department in the summer of 2011, Veggie Box was designed as a way for individuals to access fresh, healthy, local foods conveniently through their workplaces and as a way for workplaces to offer employees a program that supports both wellness and local agriculture.
Our subscription of fresh produce from RI and MA farms is offered weekly July-December and biweekly January-June. This gives eaters greater access to locally grown food and provides growers with a consistent sales outlet year-round. Every Veggie Box is packed with 7-9 seasonal items and delivered to workplaces or public pickup sites throughout Rhode Island.
VEGGIE BOX PACKLINE VOLUNTEERING
- Help pack Veggie Boxes for businesses, community centers, hospitals, etc.
- Learn what’s in season and help out in the afternoon.
- Shifts are available on Mondays beginning at 4:30pm and usually run 2-3 hours.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Packlines are on Mondays from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm.
- One-time volunteers welcome, but looking for volunteers who can help for multiple weeks