Vision Mate volunteers provide one-on-one sighted assistance and companionship for a person who has sight loss. Activities include: recreational activities, reading, organizing, walking, assisting with errands or outings, social visiting.
Leisure Mates/Vision Mates usually visit a community member with sight loss for one or two hours a week, in the individual’s home or another suitable environment, at a mutually convenient time.
Why does it matter?
- For some people with sight loss, day-to-day activities, such as reading the mail or running a quick errand, can be difficult or even impossible.
- Too many try not to burden their families and experience daily feelings of isolation and loneliness, as a result.
- Outdoor Recreation
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 6 month minimum committment
- fill out an application today! http://cnib.ca/en/about/CNIBForms/Pages/NewVolunteers.aspx