Program Chair- Speaker Series
3 people are interested
The Program Chair coordinates the chapter speaker series schedule for the year or at least six months at a time. The Program Chair handles all logistical details for the speaker series. The Program Chair is supported by members of the Membership Committee, A/V assistance volunteer, and the Development & Membership Manager.
- Coordinate our chapter’s program schedule for the year or at least six months at a time.
- Consult with TAS staff/volunteers re: day/time of programs (staff will coordinate program venue)
- Investigate/research potential presenters by consulting:
- Staff, Membership, Education and Conservation Committees
- Membership survey list
- Other chapter newsletters
- Regional, state, national offices
- Outdoor clubs, stores, garden clubs, local environmental and conservation groups, university and college groups.
- Local, county, state, and national park officials
- Newspapers, community bulletins
- Schedule presenters/presentations.
- Provide presenter info, program/presentation description to TAS staff for calendar updates.
- Market programs.
- Provide speaker information to staff for flier development
- Provide speaker information quarterly to Towhee editor by content deadlines.
- Submit program information to the Tacoma News Tribune and other media outlets.
- Help distribute fliers for programs.
- Set up for and attend the program (2-3hrs).
- Purchase refreshments for program (~$20/program) using donated gift cards (as applicable) or help in soliciting refreshments for programs in consultation with staff.
- Arrive in advance of program for setup and to welcome presenter(s), helping with any logistics.
- Set up program venue as needed with assistance from setup volunteers
- Provide information on the speaker to the Board Member host for the meeting, and assist in ensuring the meeting starts and stops on time.
- A board member should be present to introduce presenter and make announcements, if not:
- Introduce the presentation/presenter, offering the audience some information of their background and reason for coming.
- Announce upcoming programs & events Audubon will be featuring
- Thank the speaker at the end of the presentation and follow up with a handwritten thank-you note.
- Maintain program files & records.
- Create and update yearly program overview/schedule for staff, and committee reference.
- Maintain detailed contact information of presenters and record of participation and share with staff.
- Maintain record of marketing efforts and presenter thank-you notes and share with staff.
- Respected standing in a highly valued leading environmental organization
- Increased camaraderie with the membership and staff who share a commitment to the mission of the Tahoma Audubon Society
- Ability to creatively influence the content and delivery of Tahoma Audubon Society’s membership programs.
- Contribution to a strong legacy of environmental stewardship and education.
- A demonstrated interest in the organizations mission and goals.
- Solid organizational skills and communication skills.
- Some technical understanding for preparing Audio/Visual equipment for presentations
We'll work with your schedule.
2917 Morrison Rd WestUniversity Place, WA 98466
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-8 hours per month