Are you looking for a way to support your community and improve food access for students and their families? Do you have experience engaging various organizations in long term projects? Join us in the Food for Thought Initiative make a strong impact on food access for Madison students and their families.
The Food for Thought Initiative (Food4TI) is a all-volunteer partner organization with Goodman Community Center working to reduce food insecurity and improve school performance in Madison area school children. They have set up food pantry's at East High school, Sandburg Elementary, and Mendota Elementary schools to provide students with access to food as well as provide food to the neediest students in the district by sending home weekend and holiday family meals.
Food4TI strives to open a new school food pantry each year. After the first year of a pantry's operation, the goal is for the school and community to gradually take on the financing and maintenance of the pantry. To facilitate this transition we are looking for a School and Community Engagement Coordinators.
You will be working to engage schools and community organizations to support the food pantry, and identify a volunteer base and financial resources necessary to sustain in-school pantries as they transition to greater self-sufficiency.
We are looking for a volunteer who works well independently and collaboratively and has the ability to work with diverse populations. Anticipated time commitment is 5-10 hours and a commitment of 9 months is required. You should be available some daytime hours, that reflect the school schedule, at least 2 days per week.
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week; 9 month commitment
- some daytime availability
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Middle School
- School and Community Engagement...
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Elementary...
- Community Fitness Center Detailer
- Girls Inc. Tutor
- Food Bag Loading Supervisor
- Serve up food & friendship to...
- Food Pantry Donation Driver
- Food Pantry Coordinator
- Girls Inc. High School Mentor
- Inventory Manager
- Make handmade cards to thank...
- Elementary Afterschool Classroom...
- Help keep our pantry shelves...
- Be on-call: Serve up food &...