Headcount is a non-partisan organization that works with musicians to promote participation in democracy. We stage voter registration drives at concerts and run programs that translate the power of music into real action. By reaching young people and music fans where they already are - at concerts and online - we make civic participation easy and fun.
HeadCount is adding Team Leaders in Chicago.
Team Leaders are the heart and soul of HeadCount, and are the people most responsible for registering thousands of voters at concerts. They represent the organization any time a HeadCount-affiliated artist appears in the team’s metropolitan area. This means organizing and scheduling teams of volunteers (using HeadCount’s Intranet database), training new volunteers, and managing the entire process of setting up a voter registration table at an event. It also involves directly interfacing with staff at local concert venues and tour production crews from our affiliated bands. Team Leaders must be reliable, professional, and good communicators. Most of all, they need to inspire volunteers to work together toward a common goal. If you love music and consider yourself a natural leader, this may be the position for you.
- Strong work ethic, maturity and sense of accountability
- Flexible schedule allowing them to be on site at concerts before doors open
- Natural leadership ability
- Commitment to following protocol
- Relevant leadership experience
To apply, please register as a volunteer at www.headcount.org/volunteer and be sure to check off that you are interested in a leadership position. In addition, email a brief cover letter and resume under the subject line "Team Leader" to email@example.com.
- Event Management
- Human Resources Training & Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 4 shows a month, 5 to 8 hours of admin
- Access to phone and internet for coordination, ability to run voter registration events at night