Turn your passion for the environment into a call to action for our members!
Sierra Club is the country's oldest and largest environmental organization; and Northeast Florida Group is our local affiliate. We have various environmental issues (fracking ban for example) we advocate for or against and need to reach out to our members and supporters via Constant Contact email.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
We need a volunteer to design emails to call our members to action (Action Alerts) in support of our initiatives. Actions we are requesting could be calls and emails to legislators, attendance at media events, or other actions that bring the voice of the people to decisionmakers. We average about one Action Alert per month although during legislative session the frequency is greater.
- Writing the call to action. Usually content is provided to describe the need for the action.
- Editing to make the call to action clear, concise, and engaging; yet providing the detail and rational to explain why it is important.
- Formatting and illustrating the communications to ensure they are engaging to the readers.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact is a plus.
Must live in Northeast Florida and be a Sierra member.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month