Position Overview: The Fundraising & Marketing /Admin Assistant volunteer provides administrative support for the Resource Development Department; candidates will support fundraising and marketing activities, direct mail, appeals, special events and other projects; and assist with logistical coordination and providing administrative support to members of the RD team located at the Habitat office in Renton.
- Provides administrative support including drafting agendas, documents, and invitations.
- Helps to coordinate donor meetings and any needed materials.
- Assists with tracking major gift activity in Raisers Edge.
- Conducts research and prepares briefs for meetings. Assists in identification and research of major donors.
- Assist with logistical coordination, participate and engage in management and staff meetings, signature events, ad hoc committees/taskforce, special events and other tasks as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Manage preparations for the Resource Development Committee meetings including preparation of meeting schedules, agendas and other materials.
- Provide direct support with customer service tasks such as, but not limited to, monitoring department email accounts & phone lines and responding to general program and support needs.
Qualifications sought for this position:
- Strong financial and operational skills
- Experience in administrative office work and data tracking
- Experience in a variety of software applications, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Limited training with Raiser's Edge and introduction to SharePoint.
- Between 10 and 20 hours/month (or once a week)
- Monday through Friday, between 10 and 5
Someone who is eager to help with projects no matter how big or small the task. The right individual would be someone who is just as happy to stuff envelopes and alphabetize as they are to conduct research online and using Database search tools. They will be in a friendly and interactive environment, and be able to directly impact Habitat’s ability to grow funding and support for our programs and families.
Email: Alex Kaul, Community Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Volunteer Application
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training