VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Data Entry Volunteer is responsible for providing data entry assistance to the Volunteer Department, contributing to the department’s efficiency.
- Data entry of individual and group volunteer hours
- Scanning sign-in sheets
- Processing reports to verify data entry
- Enjoys data entry
- Consistency and follow through
- Ability to take and follow direction well
- Experience with database programs or Microsoft Excel
- We will run a background check on the volunteer as they will be working in our database
HOW THIS ROLE IS TIED TO OUR MISSION
Volunteers are essential to Second Harvest accomplishing its mission to end hunger in Orange County. In fiscal year 2016, over 24,000 volunteer contributed more than 109,000 of service. Accurate records of our volunteers’ activities are needed for reporting purposes to Feeding America, our funders and donors, and other important constituents. The Volunteer Department Data Entry Volunteer is an important piece to ensure that we are accurately tracking who our volunteers are and how much time they are donating to Second Harvest.
Hours are flexible between 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday, with a commitment of at least 3 months or more. We would like a volunteer who can commit at least one day a week, and at least 3-4 hours a day. Our times of most need are Wednesday AM, Thursday all day, and Friday AM.
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
On-the-job training and supervision by Taylor Cocoles, Volunteerism Supervisor, and Volunteer Department staff.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-4 hours/week Weds AM Thurs all day Fri AM prefer
- CalFresh Community Outreach...
- Shift Lead Volunteer
- Administrative Support Volunteer
- Food Distribution Volunteer
- CalFresh Internship at Second...
- Bilingual CalFresh Intern
- Data Entry Volunteer
- Grocery Rescue Shift Lead
- Grants Assistant Volunteer
- Donor Stewardship Volunteer
- Community HelpLine Volunteer
- Advocacy Intern