Society of St. Vincent de Paul is working with the VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) Program, which is an AmeriCorps program that works to strengthen the capacity of community based organizations in order to eradicate poverty nationwide. VISTAs develop and expand programs that move low-income communities out of poverty. Cornerstone VISTA Project has several opportunities around the state with focus areas in education, health, and hunger.
We are working with them in the capacity of searching for a Grant Writer and Manager.
- This is a one year, full time commitment
- Must be 18 years of age or older and be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Looking for people with solid interpersonal skills who are team-oriented, reliable, organized, passionate, and motivated to GET THINGS DONE!
- Monthly living stipend of $1,025 BEFORE taxes
- Choice of $5,920 Education Award or $1,800 cash stipend
- Health Care Coverage
- Child care, if eligible
Apply Online: my.americorps.gov ? Search keywords "Cornerstone" or "CAN" in the state of Texas
817.632.6000 ext firstname.lastname@example.org
- VISTAs must be at least 18 years old, US citizens, national or legal residents, and complete a criminal background check.
- AmeriCorps*VISTA is a 12 month, full-time commitment. VISTAs are required to work an average of 40 hours per week, but may work in excess of that amount focusing on capacity building activities. They usually serve within the work hours of their sponsoring organizations, but are expected to be available evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the project and community. A person may serve up to 5 terms of service in any combination of AmeriCorps service programs.
- Benefits: VISTA members receive:
- a living allowance $1,025/month direct deposited every 2 weeks
- health benefit
- 10 personal days and 10 sick days
- Pre-Service Orientation (paid for by AmeriCorps)
- Relocation allowance
- Covered by workers compensation
- May be eligible for child care assistance, food stamps, tax benefits
- Choose either the Education Award ($5,920.00 fiscal year starting October 1, 2017)or an End-of-Service Stipend ($1,800). If a VISTA selects the Education Award, eligible student loans can be put into forbearance and have interest accrued during the service year paid by the Trust.
- VISTA members can enroll in up to 12 hours ofcollege or graduate school classes, as long as their classes do not infer with their year of VISTA service. VISTA service must remain the top priority.
- VISTA members can have a part time job, as long as their part job does not infer with their year of VISTA service. VISTA service must remain the top priority.
- When a VISTA satisfactorily completes one full year of service, they earn one year of non-competitive eligibility (NCE) status. NCE allows a federal agency to hire an AmeriCorps *VISTA alumnus, who meets the minimum qualification for a federal job, without going through all the formalities of the competitive process.
- VISTA members cannot:
- Conduct religious instruction, engage in proselytizing, or other religious activities as part of their duties.
- Participate in political activities while on duty or while perceived to be on duty.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 year