Shoes and Clothes for Kids (SC4K) is the only non-profit organization in Greater Cleveland providing new shoes, school uniforms, clothes and school supplies throughout the year at no charge to thousands of children in need. Through our programs, including Uniforms for Kids and the Cleveland Kids in Need Resource Center, we help improve school attendance, in some cases up to 24%, so that our community's children have the education they need to succeed.
Our great impact reflects the efforts of hundreds of committed volunteers who help us organize our inventory as it comes in, and then get it out to the community. We thank you for your interest in lending your support! We operate out of two warehouses on Cleveland's east side, 4966 Woodland Avenue and 3631 Perkins Avenue. Below is the general description of our volunteer opportunities for groups.
Size of Groups:
- 15 -20 volunteers is the ideal group size, though we will accommodate smaller or larger groups
- Counting donated inventory
- Organizing and sorting inventory
- Stocking and displaying inventory on our store shelves
- Fulfilling online orders
- Stuffing bags and backpacks with supplies
- Data entry
- Weekday 3-hour shifts, from 9a - 12p, 10a -1p or 11a - 2p; or we can accommodate shorter/longer shifts
- Weekend shifts may be available during the hours of 9a - 1p at our Perkins warehouse if groups are unavailable on weekdays
- The warehouse can be very warm in the summer and very cold in the winter. Volunteers should dress in t-shirts and light pants/shorts in the summer and layers in the winter, and in clothing they don't mind getting dirty.
- Volunteers must wear sneakers or closed-toed shoes; flip flops and sandals are not permitted.
- Water is provided. Volunteers may bring snacks, lunch, and/or other beverages.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 2+ hours