Position: Maintenance Assistant (MA)
Schedule: Tuesday- Friday. Flexible and scheduled hours to meet program needs.
Reporting Relationship: Directly: Maintenance Supervisor and Commanding Officers.
Position Overview: The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for assisting with the daily functioning of the Maintenance department of the Riverhead Corps Community Center. Maintain building, grounds, and parking area in a clean and safe manner. Aid with minor repairs, building organization, emptying the trash, recycling cardboard and vacuuming. Remove ice and snow from walkways during inclement weather.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to take direction and work under minimal supervision.
- Should be self-motivated and exhibit strong initiative and positive communication skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly with people from diverse backgrounds
- Must be able to stand/walk for 100% of position.
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30lbs as necessary
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Must be able to adapt and change to meet the needs of The Salvation Army and the community.
- Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
- Emptying trash bins
- Breaking down and recycling cardboard
- Sanitizing kitchen and feeding room surfaces
- Sweeping and mopping downstairs after lunch program
- Assist with unloading food deliveries
- Assist clients with bringing groceries to their cars
- Vacuuming all carpeted areas
- Sweeping and mopping the lobby
- Cleaning up debris in parking lot
- Shovel and de-ice parking lot, entrance stairways, and sidewalks
- Sanitizing and cleaning all refrigerators and freezers in the Pantry and Soup Kitchen
- Logging building repair visits
- Recording maintenance supplies in need of re-purchase
- Facilities Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hrs