Position: Office Assistant (OA)
Schedule: Tuesday- Friday. Flexible and scheduled hours to meet program needs.
Reporting Relationship: Directly: Social Ministries Coordinator and Commanding Officers.
Position Overview: The Office Assistant is responsible for assisting with the daily functioning of the Social Ministries department of the Riverhead Corps Community Center. Assisting with receptionist duties, taking calls, and responding to information inquires. Maintains and organizes department files and paperwork. Aids in recording and calculation of social services statistics and services. Manages the data entry of program records and purchases. Manage volunteer attendance records. Compile and distribute information on community resources to our clients. Update bulletin boards as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with strong problem solving skills and good judgment
- Detail oriented, flexible, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to use materials and finances resourcefully in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to enforce The Salvation Army policies and expectations for Family Services clients.
- Ability to recruit, train and supervise program volunteers.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality.
- Should be self-motivated and exhibit strong initiative and positive communication skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly with people from diverse backgrounds
- Spanish as a second language would be beneficial
- Must be able to stand/walk for 60% of position.
- Must be able to adapt and change to meet the needs of The Salvation Army and the community.
- Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
- Preparing lobby cart with food donations
- Sorting food donations
- Maintain reception window on non-Food Pantry days
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of the Client Choice program
- Record all referrals, information inquiries, and direct service connections
- Locate client files and re-file after use
- Record services provided to each client
- Serve as a client aid during Food Pantry Operation
- Assist clients with bringing groceries to their cars
- Answer phone and take messages
- Call back clients requesting information
- Update bulletin boards with resources
- Sanitizing and cleaning lobby cart
- Tally statistics records and Soup Kitchen Attendance
- Tally volunteer records for the month
- Logging statistics
- Recording program applications into spreadsheets
- Updating Lobby whiteboard with relevant information
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week