The Skating for Skills competition is an annual basic skills competition sanctioned by the US Figure Skating Association. The competition is one of many held during skating season (October thru July) that gives the basic skills skater a chance to develop his/her competitive skills in a fun environment.
Our competition is an all day or day-and-a-half event that needs volunteers to run smoothly. Our volunteer needs are:
- Runners: Volunteers responsible for supplying music for programs to the music booth and delivering the judges notes and scores to the accountants, and posting the rankings following judging.
- Ice Monitors: Volunteers responsible for checking skaters on and off the ice for their events, making certain that skaters are present, and making certain that judges and referees know if a skater is absent for an event.
- Setup/Break down: Volunteers responsible for assisting in setup the night before the competition, early morning of the first day of competition, and tear down at the end of the competition.
- Runners and ice monitors work in shifts and they would be utilized as floaters to help in other areas such as registration and awards where needed.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- 4hr blocks of time minimum, 6hrs prefered