VIN’s Teacher Development Project offers volunteers and interns the opportunity to appraise teaching methods in Nepali community schools and work with the teachers to implement positive change.
VIN’s overall objective is the empowerment of marginalised communities but without good quality education an individual cannot be empowered, let alone a whole community. Good quality primary education is commonly regarded as the best foundation for future development, however, in rural community schools the quality is low. Many of the teachers are untrained and unqualified and regularly use a lecture style of teaching, asking their students to copy from a blackboard. VIN aims to give teachers in Jitpur Phedi and Okhaldhunga, our focus communities, access to teaching techniques which promote creativity and critical thinking in a child-friendly environment. To achieve this we perform assessments, conduct workshops and provide training, interactive seminars and individual support.
Read More on: https://www.volunteersinitiativenepal.org/news_updates/teacher-development-training-to-community-school-teachers/
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Adventure and Volunteer Program
- Journalism Program
- Children’s Life Skills...
- Working for Street Children
- Yoga Volunteer
- Teaching the Deaf
- Youth Empowerment Program
- Teach Arts and Crafts
- Climate Change Research
- Health, Sanitation & Hygiene...
- Water Research
- Teacher Development
- Youth Club and Life Skills
- Teach English in Buddhist...
- Microcredit Cooperative Support
- Public Interest Program
- Education, Rights and Life Skills
- English and Career Development
- Income Generation & Marketing