The Community Relations Specialist will report directly to the Operations Manager and will work collaboratively with all of The Cupcake Girls departments. Specifically, this specialist is responsible for connecting The Cupcake Girls to community resources, partners, professionals, corporate sponsors and more. S/he will be integral in maintaining relationships in the community for future benefit of the organization on the city level.
1. Find and attend 9 networking events and 2 booth events per quarter, keeping the City
Director and President apprised of any high priority events they should attend.
2. Connect with the Special Events Manager to assess raffle/silent auction items needed for
3. Connect with the Direct Care Manager to assess current needs of clients and which
partnerships to target in the community.
4. Connect with the VP of Development to determine corporate sponsor and donor targets
5. Develop a follow-up strategy for all connections made at networking and booth events.
6. Schedule 9 meetings per quarter with potential community and business partners.
7. Develop a strategy for appreciating current community partners and corporate sponsors.
8. Solicit items to be donated (raffle, silent auction, office supplies, food items, etc.)
9. Connect with community relations team members monthly via Podio and team meetings.
10. Fill out 15five report weekly.
11. Commit to 5 hours per week of concentrated work in your role.
12. Log office hours and track team office hours in Podio.
13. Attend scheduled specialist meetings.
14. Connect biweekly with the Community Relations Specialist in your sister city.
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5+ hours a week