THIS IS A POSITION THROUGH AMERICORPS VISTA. APPLICANTS MUST FIRST REGISTER TO BE AN AMERICORPS VISTA. To learn more about the VISTA program, check out: https://www.vistacampus.gov/sites/default/files/how_to_apply/index.html.
Position Summary: This program is a chance to bring together excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, and technology skills to help create a positive experience for Early Childhood Council’s across the state of Colorado!
Work Environment: Denver’s Early Childhood Council operates in a fun, modern office space. Our building is a shared space, housing a wide variety of non-profits that you could meet over lunch or at one of our building-wide happy hours! We value work-life balance, as well as providing opportunities for professional growth for all staff.
Member Duties: Here are some examples of concrete tasks you could be working on:
· Respond to help desk questions via email, phone, and GoToMeeting
· In conjunction with project staff, provide great customer service responsive to the needs of the Early Childhood Council’s (ECCs) across the state
· Assist with ongoing support and quarterly trainings for ECCs and partners at the Office of Early Childhood
· Assist with development of evaluation tools for assessing the success of the help desk support efforts
· Utilize evaluation from program participants, staff and advisory board members on support practices and programs
· Be familiar with the quality improvement programs offered by the ECCs and provide insightful guidance on how to best leverage ecConnect to meet goals
· Create standard responses to recurring questions and FAQs
· Attend regular team meetings via GoToMeeting
· Participate in training related to SugarCRM, Salesforce, Drupal, and ecConnect
Program Benefits: Health Coverage*, Training, Childcare assistance if eligible, Stipend, Relocation Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend.
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
Terms:Permits attendance at school during off hours, Car recommended, Permits working at another job during off hours.
Service Areas:Education, Technology, Children/Youth.
Skills: Customer Service, Computers/Technology, Team Work, Communications.
Details: This program is a chance to bring together excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, and technology skills to help create a positive experience for Early Childhood Council’s across the state of Colorado! The technology you will become an expert in is called ecConnect, and is based on SugarCRM, so experience and comfort working with databases is a must, and understanding of SQL and/or website development is a plus! The Denver EC Council oversees this system for all Council’s around Colorado, so it will be your job to be the first point of contact (the "helpdesk") for all Councils to make sure their questions are answered promptly and efficiently. Beyond that, you will be in charge of taking a pro-active stance by creating FAQs to commonly asked questions, developing training materials and videos of key content, assisting with the creation of evaluation tools to evaluate the effectiveness of all these efforts, and making recommendations for further development or troubleshooting based on your close work with this system. You will work with a variety of staff roles within the Denver Council, as well as with our statewide partners, so this is a great way to get to know some of the major players in the early childhood field as well as sharpen your knowledge of implementing a complex database system in a supportive, human-centered way!
Qualified candidates must be part of the AmeriCorps VISTA program, and submit their application via the AmeriCorps portal: https://my.americorps.gov/. To learn more about the VISTA program, check out: https://www.vistacampus.gov/sites/default/files/how_to_apply/index.html.