The staff with the DC Public Library's Outreach and Inclusion team have started a partnership with the Asian Senior Services Center in Chinatown are looking for volunteer translator fluent in Mandarin. A Librarian from the team visits the site on Mondays from 10:30 am - 1:30 pm with materials for check out and to register seniors fro library cards.
Volunteers may be engaged in:
- Translation as needed to assist the librarian with readers advisory and communication regarding general library information
- Socialize with the seniors
- Work with the Librarian and center staff on library programs/workshops, based on the seniors' interests (eg. discussion groups, presentations, art workshops, etc.
For additional information, contact Stacey Lucas, Volunteer Coordinator at (202) 741-5990.
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Mondays from 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM