Scope of Work: She/he provides strong administrative support to the Executive Director and assumes a variety of secretarial responsibilities.
Duration: 6 to 12 months-renewable once.
- Acts as the point of contact between the Executive Director and various stakeholders and community partners
- Develops and manages an efficient documentation and filing system
- Monitors office supplies & implements cost-saving strategies
- Maintains various databases and prepares various reports
- Receives and routes calls, takes messages, and manages the ED’s schedule
- Prepares meeting minutes and, as required, performs other duties
A high school diploma is required, a college degree a big plus
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Photoshop and Publisher is a big plus
- Ability to work independently; knowledgeable of social justice issues; exceptional organizational skills; detail orientation and project management skills are a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple short-term assignments and work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Must be passionate about our programs and CHRC’s mission
What you will get in return:
This opportunity is ideal for a new, underemployed, or unemployed college grad who wants to gain some experience in a fast pace and supportive work environment. This is also an ideal opportunity for a retiree or an experienced professional who wants to leverage her or his experience to help those in need.
And because this is an UNPAID volunteer/internship position, we are committed to providing the person selected with: (1) A letter attesting to her/his technical abilities, interpersonal skills, and work ethics, (2) hands-on training, (3) possibility of having members of the executive team as job references during any subsequent employment searches.
- If funding becomes available , this could also lead to a paid temporary or full-time job.
- Executive Admin
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Google Apps
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months - 12 months