Scope of Work: She/he provides technical and strategic support in various development areas, including funding opportunity searches, grant writing, donor cultivation, and event planning or coordination.
- Researches local and national funders and creates profiles for those matching the CHRC’s mission and its programs
- Prepares and submits various letters of inquiry & full-blown proposals to foundations and government agencies
- Plans or coordinates special events; nurtures existing donor relationships, and moves potential donors along the giving continuum
- Manages the CHRC’s web presence & social media activities
- Facilitates the overall implementation of the agency’s fund development plan
An associate degree is required, a bachelor preferred.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Photoshop and Publisher is a big plus
- Ability to work independently; knowledgeable of social justice issues; exceptional organizational skills; detail orientation and project management skills are a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple short-term assignments and work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Must be passionate about our programs and CHRC’s mission
What you will get in return:
This opportunity is ideal for a new, underemployed, or unemployed college grad who wants to gain some experience in a fast pace and supportive work environment. This is also an ideal opportunity for a retiree or an experienced professional who wants to leverage her or his experience to help those in need.
And because this is an UNPAID volunteer/internship position, we are committed to providing the person selected with: (1) A letter attesting to her/his technical abilities, interpersonal skills, and work ethics, (2) hands-on training, (3) possibility of having members of the executive team as job references during any subsequent employment searches.
If funding becomes available, this could also lead to a paid temporary or full-time job.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 6 months - 12 months