Development Associate Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc.
18 people are interested
- Mission: Our mission is to provide legal services to immigrants and engage in public advocacy and community outreach to advance justice and protect the rights of those we serve in the spirit of gospel values.
- Organization Description: DMRS is the largest provider of free and low-cost immigration legal services in West Texas and Southern New Mexico and is the largest Diocesan ministry in El Paso with a staff of 35, including 8 attorneys. We serve approximately 25,000 individuals and families per year. Through seven programs, we provide a comprehensive range of immigration legal services including representation in family-based immigration matters, representation for religious workers, Citizenship/Naturalization concerns, issues related to benefits for survivors of domestic violence, other crimes and human trafficking, removal proceedings before the Immigration Courts, Refugee Resettlement services, services for adults and unaccompanied immigrant children detained in the local immigration detention centers and shelters, and English and Citizenship classes for current and former clients, as well as community members at-large.
- Purpose of the Position: This position is an administrative position in support of the Development Coordinator. DMRS is funded entirely through grants, donor support and special fundraising events. Volunteers and interns play an extremely important part in helping to build and reproduce the capacity of the organization. Due to the many changes in immigration policy implemented in the past year by the current presidential administration, DMRS has experienced cuts in funding. The Development Associate’s role is to help expand the opportunities for funding for the organization, thereby keeping essential services in place with the possibility of expanding necessary services. Immigrants who qualify for legal status under immigration laws depend upon DMRS to provide high quality legal immigration services. Immigrants are then able to become fully contributing members of society as well as provide for stable and economically independent families.
- Responsibilities: The Development Associate will:
- Assist the Development Coordinator in hand writing thank you notes to donors
- Develop and implement an online/offline survey to better understand who DMRS’ donors are
- Develop and implement an online/offline donor satisfaction survey
- Set up automatic donor landing pages
- Help the Development Coordinator with event planning and implementation for fundraising
- Research innovative fundraising events that fit with the mission and purpose of DMRS
- Develop various donor thank you letters
- Support the development of an Annual Report for DMRS
- Input donor information and data into donor database
- Keep donor databases up to date
- Aid the Development Coordinator in planning and implementing special donor events
- Prepare and send invitations to special donor events
- Assist the Development Coordinator with other duties as appropriate
- Qualifications: The Development Associate will:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess proficiency in English/Spanish
- Exhibit a commitment to immigrants
- Pay attention to detail
- Be punctual
- Enjoy interaction with people
- Engage in teamwork
- Be open to taking direction
- Be able to work independently
- Benefits: The Development Associate will:
- Gain valuable experience in various aspects of fundraising
- Advance the cause of immigrants
- Become part of an amazing organization
- Receive referrals as appropriate
- Promote the mission of DMRS
- Support the DMRS staff
- Commitment: 10-25 hours per week
- Training Requirements: The Development Associate will fill out a DMRS volunteer/intern application or send his/her resume to the Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator will interview the candidate to determine if he/she is a good fit for DMRS and vice versa. Once accepted the candidate will undergo a free background check realized by the Diocese of El Paso as well as attend a free Safe Environments training. The new volunteer/intern will meet with the Development Coordinator for an orientation to DMRS as well as sign a volunteer agreement. The new volunteer/intern will have their picture taken only for identification purposes for DMRS staff. The Development Associate will then work closely with the Development Coordinator to be trained in this position.
About Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc.
2400 A-E YANDELL, EL PASO, TX 79903, US
To provide legal services to immigrants and engage in public advocacy and community outreach to advance justice and protect the rights of those we serve in the spirit of gospel values.
Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc. (DMRS), is the largest provider of free and low cost immigration legal services in West Texas and New Mexico. DMRS provides a comprehensive range of immigration legal services including representation in family-based immigration matters, Citizenship/Naturalization matters, matters related to benefits for survivors of domestic violence and other crimes, removal proceedings before the Immigration Courts, refugee resettlement services, and services for adults and unaccompanied immigrant children detained in the local immigration detention centers and shelters. DMRS has been serving the immigrant community since 1986.
We'll work with your schedule.
2400A E Yandell Dr.El Paso, TX 79903
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Immigration Law
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-25 hours per week
- Bilingual English/Spanish; Unpaid Position