Volunteer with the local US Air Force Auxiliary, California Wing, Civil Air Patrol (Group 5-95)
3 people are interested
The Squadrons of California Wing, Civil Air Patrol are looking for enthusiastic people to become part of our all volunteer non-profit organization chartered by Congress as the US Air Force Auxiliary.
Do you have a desire to volunteer and serve your community a few evenings per month? Do you have an interest in becoming part of a Search & Rescue organization that saves numerous lives every year throughout Southern California and the United States? As a volunteer with the Civil Air Patrol you can participate in Search and Rescue (SAR) missions; Search and Rescue training exercises (SAREX’s); and disaster relief efforts as part of the Auxiliary to the United States Air Force. The Civil Air Patrol also participates with other disaster relief and governmental organizations such as the Department of Homeland Security, DoD, FEMA and Cal EMA office of emergency services.
If you’re up for the task, CAP offers ordinary citizens stimulating training opportunities few experience outside the military. Our volunteer members train diligently to acquire the life-saving and emergency service skills necessary to assist Federal and State humanitarian agencies when disaster strikes; participate in search and rescue missions; help keep community’s safe through homeland security efforts; and fight the war on drugs by participating in California Wing's Counter Drug program.
While the central focal point of our effort is training and preparation of aircrew for the California Wing fleet, there are many roles available to non-flying members such as radio communications, logistics, planning, and mission staff participation.
The following local Squadrons are constantly training and preparing their members for the skills necessary to provide emergency services to the public in a time of need:
- Butte County Composite Squadron 95 meets Tuesday’s at 7:00 pm at 2771 Pentz Rd, Oroville, California, CA 95965.
- Beale Composite Squadron 19 meets Monday’s at 6:00 pm at Sutter County Airport, 100 Airport Road, Yuba City, CA 95991.
- Sierra Composite Squadron 72 meets every Tuesday at 6:30 pm at 2020 Plymouth Road, Stockton, CA 95204.
- Sacramento Composite Squadron 14 meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Sacramento Executive Airport, 6151 Freeport Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95822.
- Travis Composite Squadron 22 meets Monday’s at 6:30 PM at Travis Air Force Base.
- Marin Search And Rescue Composite Squadron 23 meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month at 7:00 pm at the Gnoss Field Airport,451 Airport Road, Novato, CA 94945-1404. Sierra Composite Squadron 72 meets every Tuesday at 6:30 pm at 2020 Plymouth Road, Stockton, CA 95204.
- Auburn-Starr Composite Squadron 92 meets the 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 6:30 pm at Auburn Municipal Airport, 13698 New Airport Rd., Auburn, California 95602.
- Redwood Empire Composite Squadron 157 meets on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Sonoma County Airport, 5 Air Museum Way, Santa Rosa, California.
- California Aerospace Composite Squadron, a growing family that can use and welcomes your skills and abilities. The Squadron meets on Wednesdays at 7:00 PM at Mcclellan, CA
- Shasta Composite Squadron 126 meets on Thursday’s at 6:00 pm at the Redding Municipal Airport, 6781 Woodrum Circle, Redding CA. 96002.
- Strong organizational skills, people, and communication skills.
- Aged 18 or older for Senior (adult ) members and 12 to 18 for Cadet members.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service.
Veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to join.
"CITIZENS SERVING COMMUNITIES"
**COME SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR COUNTRY **
We'll work with your schedule.
Spring Valley School2771 Pentz RoadOroville, CA 95965
- Disaster Response
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Public Relations
- Search & Rescue
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers meet weekly at their local Squadrons