Intern with Lawyer In San Antonio, Texas
65 people are interested
A senior Texas and international human rights lawyer and Research Professor of Law at the University of Makeni in Sierra Leone, who is based in San Antonio, Texas working for a non-profit organization (RAICES) protecting refugees and detainees rights and on his own pro bono cases seeks volunteers who are interested in learning about law, especially international human rights law and federal United States law.
The ideal candidate will be a law student with some background in international law or international relations. Other exceptional students or retired adults are welcome to apply.
The volunteers will undertake the following tasks, among others:
- basic legal research;
- organizing materials;
- working on website projects; and,
- other tasks as may be defined during the course of the volunteer opportunity.
The skills the volunteer will learn are:
- how to organize legal work;
- how to undertake legal research;
- how to prepare legal documents for both domestic and international courts
- how to communicate with others in or connected to the law professions;
- how to develop, promote, and work on projects aiming to enhance the protection of human rights.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Law Office of Dr Curtis FJ Doebbler
1003 K Street, NW (Top Floor), Visits by appointment only, Washington, CH
The Law Office of Dr Curtis FJ Doebbler strives to provide legal representation to the most needy. We handle mainly international human rights law cases. Most of our work is pro bono.
The Law Office of Dr Curtis FJ Doebbler was created in 2003 with the goal of providing legal services to people in the most disadvantaged situations and whose human rights have been violated or are threatened with violations.
230 Dwyer AvSan Antonio, TX 78204
- Legal (General)
- Immigration Law
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- At least one full day per week from 8:30 to 5:30 (1 hour lunch break).
- Applicants must send their curriculum vitae with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be contacted for an interview if they are being considered.