Passionate about empowering girls and connecting with your community?
Experienced in coordinating teams to meet a diverse set of goals?
Join Girl Scouts San Diego as a volunteer Service Unit Manager, leading a team of volunteers to create a thriving community of Girl Scout in your region.
Girl Scouts San Diego does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, or age, and its volunteer positions are open to all qualified persons.
The schedule is flexible (based on your availability), requiring approximately 10-15 hours per month for one year (with the potential of continuing for two additional years).
- Leadership experience in working within a diverse community of volunteers and achieving the goals of an established organization
- Strong facilitation skills and experience with conflict resolution
- Experience in delegating responsibilities and prioritizing a series of tasks
- Collaborate with Girl Scouts San Diego to coordinate an annual calendar of events
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and facilitator as you guide volunteers in developing healthy and positive relationships with girls and with their fellow volunteers.
- Stay informed about the evolving Girl Scout movement and help volunteers embrace new ideas and opportunities.
- Identify the unique characteristics of your community and work with volunteers to create programs that merge your community culture with Girl Scout programs.
- Maintain a Girl Scout membership and current background screening.
- Complete the Service Unit Manager training and maintain a positive working relationship with Girl Scout staff.
- Embrace and promote the Girl Scout Promise and Law as well as the policies, procedures, and guidelines of Girl Scouts USA and Girl Scouts San Diego.
- Affirm that the Girl Scout movement actively seeks members of every racial, ethnic, religious and socioeconomic group.
Email email@example.com to learn more.
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours/month
- After school program in need of...
- Service Unit Registrar – Emerald...
- Service Unit Manager- Mira Mesa
- Girl Scout Troop Leader - East...
- Service Unit Recognitions Chair-...
- Service Unit Manager- Oak Creek...
- Girl Scout Community Outreach...
- Service Unit Treasurer- Carmel...
- Service Unit Treasurer- Carlsbad
- Help Us Honor Cool Women!
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Girl...
- Girl Scout Troop Leader -...
- Service Unit Registrar – Poway...
- Service Unit Treasurer- Lilac...
- Service Unit Registrar – Mira Mesa
- Service Unit Registrar – Lilac...
- 2018 Operation Thin Mint Sendoff
- Girl Scouts Troop Leader -...
- Service Unit Recognitions-...
- Service Unit Registrar –...