We're looking for a talented and conscientious volunteer board members to lead and strengthen our programs for underprivileged youth. If you can contribute your time, thoughtfulness, and leadership one evening a month, and are interested in exploring this opportunity, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out whether this volunteer opportunity is right for you. We're especially looking for young people with previous non-profit experience, preforming arts experience or who are leaders of change within their community.
Duties of a Board Member:
- Duty of Care: Take care of the nonprofit by ensuring prudent use of all assets, including facility, people, and good will;
- Duty of Loyalty: Ensure that the nonprofit's activities and transactions are, first and foremost, advancing its mission; Recognize and disclose conflicts of interest; Make decisions that are in the best interest of the nonprofit corporation; not in the best interest of the individual board member (or any other individual or for-profit entity).
- Duty of Obedience: Ensure that the nonprofit obeys applicable laws and regulations; follows its own bylaws; and that the nonprofit adheres to its stated corporate purposes/mission.
* Develop and execute DynaTexas Nonprofit's annual blueprint.
* Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
* Manage the implementation of by-laws and articles to all members.
* Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
* Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
* Overseeing organization of special events
* Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all organizations whereabouts.
* Developing and tracking evaluative matrix for all board positions.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about this volunteer opprotunity.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training