Responsible To: Volunteer and Internship Program Manager
Task Description: The intern’s main tasks include event design and soliciting in-kind donations for the annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. The intern will also assist with daily activities in the Volunteer Department as well as with our volunteer engagement and professional development programs.
* Assist in planning the annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. This includes:
* Creating a theme and event design while working within the set budget for the event
* Soliciting and tracking in-kind donations
* Corresponding with donors
* Creating initial drafts of invitations and programs
* Create content for quarterly newsletter. Will include interviewing volunteers and interns, taking photos, etc.
* Support volunteer trainings and professional development workshops
* Assist in evaluating volunteer engagement programs by gathering informal feedback and surveys
* Assist with day-to-day operations. May include assisting with orientations, making orientation packets,
making award certificates, and recognizing volunteer achievements.
* Very high level of organizational skills
* Detail oriented mindset
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to work independently as well as with a team
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Ability to work in an open office environment
Skills to be learned:
* Project management for special events
* Experience engaging and managing volunteers
* General knowledge of museum organizational structures
* Intern will not have to directly supervise volunteers
* On the job training
* Minimum 120 hours
TO APPLY: Send a letter of intent, resume, a letter of reference from either an academic advisor or professor BY APRIL 1, 2018, to:
Carnegie Science Center
One Allegheny Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- OR -
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 120 HOURS/8 HRS A WEEK
- Fab Lab Educational Internship...
- Interactive Exhibits Intern...
- Volunteer Engagement and Special...
- Presenter, Science Theaters -...
- Group Experience Internship...
- BodyStage - Anatomy/Biology...
- Fab Lab Technical Intern...
- Marketing Internship (Unpaid) -...
- Education Intern, Science...
- Miniature Railroad & Village...
- Animal and Habitat Internship...
- Classes & Sleepovers Education...
- BodyStage - Nutrition Internship...
- XPLOR Store Internship (Unpaid)...