GRANT WRITER (VOLUNTEER)
4 people are interested
Do good for your community while using your professional expertise. Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program. The Bristol Borough Teen Foundation (BBTF) is making a difference! BBTF is a nonprofit organization with a mission to offer unbiased, adult-sponsored events, where Borough teens (primarily ages 12-17) can reliably seek support, enjoyment, and recreation.
- Develop and write grant proposals to grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating BBTF’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assemble and submit support requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate with the Foundation’s President once a week providing status updates
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (eg. life sciences, public health, nonprofit management, communications, marketing)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5-10 hour commitment each week (required).
- Solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
- Motivated, self-starter, able to work independently, but with good judgement on when to seek guidance and direction
- Proficient in data management, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and donor databases
- Deepen your connection with your community
- Keep your skills sharp by applying them in the nonprofit sector
- Share your expertise with others
- Boost your resume and portfolio
- Stand out from others in your field
- Create lasting relationships
HOW TO APPLY
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to BmCurran@BBTeenFoundation.org. Include Grant Writer in subject line.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Willing to negotiate